Poll: Broad support among New Yorkers for Climate and Community Investment Act
- A broad majority (69%) of New Yorkers support levying a tax on corporate polluters, where the revenue (estimated $15 billion raised per year) would be used to invest in new renewable energy projects, community sustainability initiatives, and fossil fuel workers impacted by the transition to clean energy.
- Support for specific investments is also high:
- 65% support investing funds in large-scale renewable energy projects, like offshore wind farms and mass transit overhauls
- 63% support investing in low-income communities and communities of color to improve their climate resiliency and sustainability
- 73% support investing in programs for workers and communities impacted by the transition away from coal, oil, and gas