Our speakers from the PCEF leadership body included:
- Khanh Pham, OPAL Environmental Justice
- Jenny Lee, APANO (Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon)
- Adriana Voss-Andreae, 350PDX
- Brent Foster, Political Strategist & Lawyer
In addition to hearing from the direct experience of these initiative experts, we also were able to answer several questions from attendees, to dive deeply into questions about:
- How and why certain political or policy structure decisions were made;
- First-person perspectives on what it really takes to establish a coalition as diverse as the one that drove this initiative forward;
- The challenge (and advantages!) of working in the absence of significant funding for a majority of the campaign;
- Ideas for alternatives to financing a similar initiative for municipalities that can't levy the same tax...
- And much, much more!
To access a detailed case study of the initiative, written by Adriana Voss-Andreae and interviewing more than two dozen of the leaders involved, please see A Template for Change: The Portland Clean Energy Fund as a Local Model for a Green New Deal.