HOLY SH*T! 7 Things To Do Instead Of Hoarding Toilet Paper
- Take leadership from the most impacted – Effective activism requires providing appropriate support to — and taking direction from — those who have the most at stake.
- Make the invisible visible – Many injustices are invisible to the mainstream. When you bring these wrongs into full view, you change the game, making the need to take action palpable.
- Simple rules can have grand results – Movements, viral campaigns and large-scale actions can’t be scripted from the top down. An invitation to participate and the right set of simple rules are often all the starter-structure you need.
- An abundance of tactics – Tactics for building a sense of community include mass distributed phone-banking, hashtag campaigns, artistic vigil, and more.
- Practice cultural disobedience – Civil disobedience is the deliberate violation of unjust laws. In a similar spirit, cultural disobedience bravely subverts dominant cultural norms.
- Let’s be careful with each other, so we can be dangerous together. Flatten the curve so we can rise up together for the long haul. Rest and joy are also radical acts.
- Now is the time to build a solidarity economy. A tradition of radical economic organizing that strives to replace dependence on exploitative economic relations with “solidarity chains” linking community-based alternatives.